The following are examples of dissertations and projects that have been submitted in partial fulfilment of the major achievement (option 2) requirement.
Knowledge Services holds an archive of sample Fellowship dissertations from the past 20 years. If you would like to request a scanned copy of past dissertations (or projects) of topics that are not covered in the samples listed below, please either:
- Visit the library catalogue
- Contact the Knowledge Services directly at email@example.com or call 0207 417 4406
Our archive also includes past projects (major achievement option 3) that have been submitted. Copies of these are also available, upon request.
Online Fellowship dissertations
- Dye, Jonathan (2001). Corporate killing: dead on arrival? Proposals for reform of the law of involuntary manslaughter and the implications for directors' and officers' liability insurers
- Young, Donna (2002). Satellite pre-launch insurance: technological advances reduce risk for underwriters
- Amoo, Godwin Kwame (2002). Going the extra mile: the challenge of providing insurance cover for loss of use of motor vehicle in a developing economy
- Demertriou, Socrates (2002). Turning adverse motor insurance business results, positive. A challenge for the future or ... wishful thinking?
- Onifade, Olaniyi S (2003). An examination of the Nigerian public service pension system
- Khan, Liaquat Ali (2005). How does Takaful differ from insurance?
- Haddadeen, Basem (2006). Insurance online: are insurers making the best out of the web?
- Mander, Dean (2007). Can accident rates be reduced? A study of the plastics and rubber industry
- Alkannas, Hussam A (2008). A strategic analysis of the co-operative insurance market in Saudi Arabia
- Beaton, Callum A (2008). Has captive insurance truly earned its place in risk financing?
- Hornby, Michael (2008). The hosting of large scale outdoor events - liability and liability insurance issues for landowners
- O'Brien, Mike (2008). Project Nebraska
- Karapateas, George (2012). What impact has Somali piracy had on marine insurance?
- Dunlea, Brendan (2012). Solar storms 2012: just a storm in a teacup?
- Sharma, Anjlee (2012). How to overcome the distribution challenges facing the insurance industry in Africa: a Kenyan study
- Townsend, Lesley (2012). Underwriting room or call centre? The future of an insurer's small business team in a changing economic environment
- Flynn, James (2012). What will be the impact on corporate governance for the insurance industry post the financial crisis in Ireland?
- Jordan, Melanie (2012). Why is metal theft a growing issue and what actions can the insurance industry take to help UK businesses to deal with this?
- Wong, Lawrence (2013). The myths of personal lines insurance
- Mellen, Joe (2013). Global programme capability and the subscription market at Lloyd's
- Parmar, Sunil (2013). Do catastrophe bonds strengthen or weaken the reinsurance marketplace?
Online Fellowship projects
- Hewer, Ros (2012). Ink online project report
- Constantino, A (2014). From scrapbook to policy booklet - steps on how to create a new business policy through research and knowledge
For further information about the Fellowship process, please visit the Fellowship pages.