Chartered status is a symbol of technical competence and signifies a public commitment to professional standards.
There are six Chartered titles – five for those working in insurance and another for financial planners. Find out more about our new title, Chartered Insurance Underwriting Agent.
Setting you apart
Attaining Chartered status is challenging and takes commitment, but it is achievable. Once attained the status not only changes the way people respond to you, it places you amongst the top professionals within your field. Here’s how Chartered sets you apart:
- Differentiation – you will join a prestigious group of members at the forefront of the profession
- Specialised knowledge – you will develop your technical knowledge through study towards CII level 6 qualifications
- Acknowledged professionalism – Chartered status provides parity with other professions, reinforcing your credentials
- Chartered status is recognised and respected by consumers as a mark of trust
If you hold a CII Advanced Diploma then it's likely you already satisfy the requirements to become Chartered. Alternatively, if you hold other CII qualifications or examinations, or equivalent from other bodies, then you may already be on your way to achieving the Advanced Diploma and, in turn, Chartered status.
Qualifying criteria for Chartered Insurance Broker/Insurer/Insurance Practitioner/Insurance Risk Manager/Insurance Underwriting Agent
- Hold the Advanced Diploma in Insurance
- Be a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Have at least five years’ sector experience
Resources for Chartered members
Chartered marks are the most effective way to promote your Chartered status. Displaying the Chartered mark ensures that customers, employers and professional peers recognise your achievement and technical expertise.
There are rules about how it can be used which are covered in Guidelines for Chartered mark usage (PDF).
To obtain your Chartered mark please contact Customer Service on +44 (0)20 8989 8464 or email@example.com.
Chartered members also receive our other member benefits.