A World Of...
A trusted international profession
Around the world, individuals and organisations are playing their part in building a trusted international insurance and financial planning profession.
Every year, the CII celebrates this activity with our annual ‘A World Of...’ publication. This is the only publication focusing on the development of the international insurance and financial planning profession. It reaches leaders, influencers and participants in the profession worldwide. Please download the 2019 and 2020 editions by clicking on the cover images.
2020 Edition – A World of Promise
- Special features – insightful contributions from insurance leaders, including:
- Mana Alkhamsan, Director General of the Financial Academy in Saudi Arabia – on the importance of technical skills in achieving an ambitious market vision
- Honorable Kin-Por Chan, member of the Hong Kong Legislative Council – on how public policy can stimulate a trusted profession
- Damayanthi Fernando, Director General of the Sri Lanka Insurance Regulator – on how smart regulation supports accessibility
- Sally Wan, Chief Executive Officer, AXA Hong Kong and Macau – on sharing great ideas to drive innovation and support customers
- David Thompson, International Director at the CII – on how parametric insurance is providing clarity and certainty for many people previously uninsured
- Annual survey results – the first ever annual survey of trends in the development of the international profession through the eyes of the CII’s network of affiliated institutes
- Regional teams – introducing you to the CII teams in Hong Kong, India and Dubai
- Spotlight On – a detailed look at trends in three countries/territories: Malaysia, Nigeria, Taiwan
- Country profiles – key data on the development of the profession in countries and territories about the world
The Circle of Trust
We have called this collective activity The Circle of Trust. Some of the work focuses upon professionals working within the sector, some focuses on customer experience and value. In addition, some concentrates on embedding good practice, some on making a step change.
[Click to see full infographic]
2019 Edition – A World of Risk
- A trusted international insurance profession – Sian Fisher, Chief Executive Officer, Chartered Insurance Institute
- Serving customers across borders – Shankar Garigaparthy, Country Manager and CEO India, Lloyd’s
- Knowledge-based partnerships – Walter Jopp, Chief Executive Officer, Zurich Middle East
- The vital role of colleges and universities – Karine Kim, Chief Executive, Singapore College of Insurance
- Country spotlights on The Greater Bay Area and Ghana
- Profiles of the insurance profession in countries around the world – as provided by CII affiliated institutes
- And much more – view the full list of contributors (PDF)