Included with a unit Enrolment, RevisionMate offers online access to a suite of support tools, designed to help you consolidate your learning and increase the chances of exam or coursework success.
Core learning courses typically include:
- Student discussion forum – share common queries and learn with your peers
- Quiz questions – check understanding of the study text as you progress
- Specimen assignment or exam guide (containing a specimen exam paper for multiple-choice question exams) – practise your exam or assignment writing techniques
Revision aids, included with Enrolment plus or available to be purchased separately, are also delivered on RevisionMate. More information about these can be found here.
If you’re enrolled on a coursework, mixed assessment or dissertation course, you will submit your assignments/dissertation via RevisionMate. It’s important to ensure your submissions are made before your deadlines, which will be clearly displayed within the courses. There are dedicated support courses that contain lots of guidance documents to assist you with this and other aspects of undertaking your study. You will also have access to specimen assignments and answers for mixed assessment and coursework – these are invaluable guides to the style and format of coursework questions, along with useful information on the depth and breadth of answers that examiners are looking for. For dissertation units, you will have sample research proposals and sample dissertations to help you embark on your work.
You can access RevisionMate using your CII PIN as your username. You will be given a PIN the first time you purchase an item from the CII, or when you ‘sign up’ on the CII website.
An active unit, coursework, mixed assessment, dissertation or revision aid enrolment will be required to access a course within RevisionMate.
Please note that you will only have access to the Core Learning, revision aid or coursework/mixed assessment/dissertation course for the duration of your enrolment.
Using RevisionMate on different devices
The responsive nature of our new-look RevisionMate site means that it will display well on any device you want to access from, from a phone right up to a normal computer screen.
Moving to new-look RevisionMate
Our current RevisionMate technology platform has been in operation for a number of years and during 2022 we are replacing it to provide a more accessible service, including simpler navigation and responsive design, making it easier to use on mobile devices. This better functionality on mobile devices means that as we move units across to new-look RevisionMate, we will be retiring the RevisionMate app for each one, as it's not compatible with the new system. If you have already downloaded the app, it will continue to work for courses in the current RevisionMate platform only until the end of 2022.
Units will be moved according to a schedule. For an up-to-date snapshot of which units have been moved to new-look RevisionMate, please see below.
Units now on new-look RevisionMate
New enrolments for units:
- M05, M21, M66, M67, M80, M81, M85, M86, M90, M91, M92, M93, M94, M96, M97, M98 (please note, existing enrolments started before 9 May for these units will remain on legacy RevisionMate for the moment)
- Spotlight Course: Cyber Risk and Insurance
- PS1 and PS2 (please note, existing enrolments started before 8 June for these units will remain on legacy RevisionMate until they naturally expire)
Units on legacy RevisionMate
Existing enrolments on the mixed assessment courses and all other units remain on legacy RevisionMate and will be moved to new-look RevisionMate according to the schedule below:
- Mixed assessment units (M05, M21, M66, M67, M81, M85, M86, M90, M91, M92, M93, M94, M96, M97, M98) – existing enrolments moving during August.
- GI Coursework units (530, 820, 930, 945, 960, 990, 992, 993, 995, 996, 997) and BEP – new and existing enrolments moving during mid-August to early September.
- GI Dissertation and FS coursework units (991, 994, AF6, J09, AF8) – new and existing enrolments moving mid-September.
- FS 2021/22 exams core learning and revision aids - (CF1, CF6, CF8, GR1, ER1, FA1, FA2, FA5, LF1, LP1-3, R01-7, J10, J12) - these courses will remain on legacy RevisionMate until their natural expiry on 31 August 2022. New courses for the 2022/23 syllabus will be available during July, August and September. Please see individual product pages on the CII shop for precise availability dates.
- FS exam units with 12 month enrolment (AF1, AF4, AF7, J02, J05, J07) - both new and existing enrolments for core learning and revision aids moving during August.
- International units (AWF, AWA, AWB, AWP, W01, W02, WH1, W04, WUE, WUA, WCE, WCA, IMP, IMU, HFE, HFT, WPT, WCT, WUT, 590, 595) - both new and existing enrolments moving during July.
- GI 2022 exams core learning and revision aids (FIT, PL1-4, IF1-9, I10, I11, LM1-3) - these courses will remain on legacy RevisionMate until their natural expiry on 31 December 2022. New courses for the 2023 syllabus will be available during November, December and January 2023. Individual product pages on the CII shop will be updated later in the year to show precise availability dates.