Certificate in Climate Risk
The Chartered Body Alliance have developed their first joint qualification, the Certificate in Climate Risk, to support finance and risk professionals globally to develop their expertise in climate risk.
The migration to a low-carbon future is one of the most complex challenges our world has ever faced. The transition has profound implications for every aspect of life, including finance. Central banks and financial regulators already consider the identification, measurement and disclosure of climate-related risks a key priority. As organisations try to understand this complex future, the demand for climate risk expertise has never been greater.
The Certificate in Climate Risk is designed to equip financial services risk professionals with the skills needed to navigate the challenges and recognise the opportunities of our transition to net zero. The Certificate is the first joint qualification from the Chartered Body Alliance, a joint initiative by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI) and the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI).
The aim of this single-unit qualification is to develop a learner’s professional knowledge of climate change, climate risk and sustainable finance. Holders of the Certificate will be equipped to support customers, clients, colleagues, and communities with the transition to a low-carbon world.
Who is the Certificate in Climate Risk for?
The Certificate in Climate Risk is designed for financial services risk professionals who already have a firm understanding of risk management principles and practices. The Certificate will add to the base skills needed to measure, monitor, and report climate risks using available data. Certificate holders will be able to outline common approaches to modelling climate risks and to examine regulatory approaches and responses.
The Certificate is suitable for professionals at all levels from anywhere in the world. With this qualification, candidates can expand their knowledge and demonstrate a clear commitment to tackling climate risk, whilst creating sustainable value for their business and for their customers.
Studying for the Certificate in Climate Risk
• 130 hours study time
• Online study guide for core reading and learning activities
• 7 interactive e-learning modules including audio and visual resources, online quizzes and knowledge checks to enhance understanding of key concepts
• The Certificate is delivered via an online study guide and interactive e-learning modules delivered via the CBI’s learning management platform.
• Registration lasts for 1 year, so you can work through the modules at your own pace.
• Exams are booked via the CBI and are delivered online via remote invigilation with instant results.
• Remote invigilation is available, enabling candidates to schedule exams in a suitable location and time of their choice.
• This qualification is achieved by successfully passing a computer-based exam of 75 multiple-choice questions. The exam duration is 1.5 hours.
• You can book your exam via the CBI’s website.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a completion certificate from the Chartered Banker Institute in recognition of your achievement.
Watch our webinar
For more information on the Certificate, watch our webinar Climate Risk – Challenges and Opportunities for Finance and Risk Professionals.