Our History website
Our History website brings to life the heritage of the Chartered Insurance Institute together with the evolution of the insurance profession.
On the website you can:
- Take a 360° virtual tour of the Insurance Hall at 20 Aldermanbury in London, the CII's historical home
- View the unique Stained Glass Windows, decorating the building
- Explore the collection of over 1,500 Fire Marks, formerly on display along the staircase Insurance Hall
- Read the original 1912 Charter of the Chartered Insurance Institute and other rare books giving valuable insight into past insurance processes
- Read a series of blog posts covering different aspects of the history of insurance
Sian Fisher, chief executive of the Chartered Insurance Institute, said: “We want everyone to be able to appreciate the heritage of the insurance profession and now everybody from around the world can learn more about the history of the Insurance Hall Aldermanbury building, insurance and the CII as an institution".
Visit the website at https://insurancehistory.cii.co.uk