The cash prize for each award is funded by the Education and Training Trust.
Who can enter?
The CII Apprenticeship Awards are open to all apprentices in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales that meet the below criteria. CII qualifications must have been completed as part of the apprenticeship standards and frameworks. Nominations are welcome from employers, training providers, and apprentices themselves.
Know someone who qualifies? Submit your nominations here. Nominations open on February 6 and close May 12 2023.
How are the awards judged?
The CII Apprenticeship Awards are decided through several stages. All applications are sifted to find the highest scoring category entrants for each standard. These shortlisted nominees then proceed to judging panels, who decide the category finalists.
Apprentice of the year award categories
Personal Finance standards
- Financial Services Administrator Apprentice of the Year (£500)
- Mortgage Adviser Apprentice of the Year (£500)
- Paraplanner Apprentice of the Year (£600)
- Financial Adviser Apprentice of the Year (£800)
General Insurance standards
- Insurance Practitioner Apprentice of the Year (£500)
- Insurance Professional Apprentice of the Year (£800)
- Senior Insurance Professional Apprentice of the Year (£1000)
All nominations must adhere to the following requirements:
- The apprentice nominated must have completed a CII qualification as part of an apprenticeship standard or framework in the last three years (up to December 31, 2022)
- The apprentice nominated must have passed overall apprenticeship standard or framework
- Include, in 1,000 words or less, an explanation of how your nominee has made positive contribution in their careers, to their profession and the wider society, with reference to the following qualities:
- Quantifiable accomplishment
- Creativity and Innovation
- Standards, Professionalism and Trust
Submit your nominations here. Nominations open on February 6 and close May 12 2023.