Running effective risk workshops - one day
Risk workshops are a vital part of the risk manager's toolbox
and are becoming increasingly important in projecting the role and
value of risk management. This highly practical one day course
addresses the aims of risk identification and analysis workshops
and majors on tangible advice and rehearsals of risk workshop
Delegates review the objectives of the workshops and what outputs
are expected. Discussion on how workshops assist in the developing
maturity of the risk management process and the added value created
forms a vital backdrop to the contribution risk management makes to
business success. The course also identifies how effective
operation of risk workshops builds a key platform for subsequent
stages in the risk management process.
- Setting risk workshops in the context of the organisation's
strategy and risk policy
- Understanding the risk workshops 'lifecycle'
- Communicating the practical value to stakeholders
- Setting the agenda for the workshops
- Pre-workshop research, preparation and documentation
- Creating the right environment for productive
- Establishing an effective dialogue in the workshops
- Capturing the risk information, risk categorisation and
- Looking at different techniques including brainstorming; stress
testing and scenario analysis; executive interviews; external
- Effective follow up and action planning - maintaining the
- Understand how effective risk workshops can help to build
greater insight into risks and their materiality
- Gain a better appreciation of the control environment and open
valuable channels of communication amongst a wider spectrum of
- Rehearse the use of appropriate tools and techniques.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for all levels of staff working in a risk
management function within an organisation who are (or may be)
required to carry out risk identification activities and risk
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0