Introduction to risk management - two day
This intensive course gives a comprehensive introduction to the
world of risk management. The course outlines the important issues
surrounding risk management and seeks to improve knowledge and
understanding of the many factors that might increase an
organisation's exposure to risk.
- What is risk management?
- What is the need for a risk manager in the present day business
- What is the role of a risk manager?
- What do others expect of the risk manager?
- Health and safety issues
- Detecting risk
- Risk analysis techniques
- Obtaining data
- Statistical analysis
- Risk mapping
- Maximum or probable loss analysis
- Hazard and operability studies
- Dow chemical fire and explosion index
- Reduction and elimination of risk
- Risk retention - incentives for this strategy
- Risk financing - threats and opportunities
- Business continuity strategies
- The future of the discipline of risk management
- Growing challenges facing the risk manager.
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an insight into risk management
- Obtained knowledge from an experienced risk manager
- Gained an understanding of the growing challenges facing the
Who should attend?
Anyone working within, or has a wish to gain specialist
knowledge of, risk management.
Attendance of this course awards up to 12 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate