Introduction to cargo insurance - half day
This course is designed to introduce delegates who are new to
the basics of cargo and associated classes of business.
- What types of risks can be written in a standard cargo
- Overview of jewellers block, fine art, general specie, and
- What business is general cargo insurance protecting?
- How are goods carried?
- Introduction to legal and documentary elements of carriage of
goods by sea, road, rail and air
- Overview of the main institute clauses and introduction to the
specialist clauses and key international clauses
- What are the underwriting considerations for cargo
- Types of policy available
- Loss prevention and mitigation
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the basics of each type of business
which can be underwritten into a cargo book of business and the
types of risks written
- Gained maximum benefit from expert market speakers
- Obtained extensive introductory knowledge about cargo insurance
and related terminology.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new to cargo insurance. No experience necessary
although some general knowledge of marine insurance would be
Attendance of this course awards up to 3 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate