Apply or renew
To apply for or renew your corporate Chartered status, you should follow the three steps below.
1. Understand the criteria
Please read the below documents carefully. They set out the eligibility criteria, Terms and Conditions, and the rules for firms applying for or renewing their chartered status.
- A smooth journey to becoming Chartered - The Guidance for completing the application (PDF)
- Corporate Chartered Terms and Conditions (PDF)
For more information on the role and obligations of the Responsible Member, read our guidance document below:
2. Complete the application/renewal form
Download the appropriate Excel-based form, depending on whether you are applying for Chartered Insurers, Chartered Insurance Brokers, or Chartered Financial Planners status. You can complete the form offline whilst you collate the necessary evidential information and submit in your own time.
The forms are made up of the sections detailed below, including an area for you to confirm acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Each section will appear as a separate tab within the Excel spreadsheet. These are new forms based on feedback received within the corproate Chartered consultation.
- Section 1: Your corporate details
- Section 2a: Eligibility criteria
- Section 2b: Eligibility CSR
- Section 3a: Board or Appropriate Management Team members
- Section 3b: Customer facing staff
- Section 3c: Discretionary eligibility (not applicable for Chartered Financial Planners)
- Section 4: Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you read the guidance note at the top of each worksheet as you work through the form.
- Corporate Chartered Insurance Brokers status application/renewal form (XLS)
- Corporate Chartered Insurers status application/renewal form (XLS)
- Corporate Chartered Financial Planners status application/renewal from (XLS)
3. Submit your application
Your firm’s Responsible Member must submit the Excel-based form, as well as any required evidence via the submission links below.