This subject gateway provides links to some of the resources on takaful available to our members. It is not intended to be exhaustive, but highlights popular content and recent additions.
- Good faith in insurance and Takaful contracts in Malaysia: a comparative perspective. Haemala Thanasegaran. Singapore: Springer, 2016.
- Takaful and Islamic cooperative finance: challenges and opportunities. Syed Nazim Ali, Shariq Nisar. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2016.
- 'Takaful'. Chapter 25 - Contracts and deals in Islamic finance: a user's guide to cash flows, balance sheets and capital structures. Hussein Kureshi, Moshin Hayat. Singapore: Wiley, 2015.
- ' Pricing of Takaful policies and Retakaful'. Chapter 26 - Contracts and deals in Islamic finance: a user's guide to cash flows, balance sheets and capital structures. Hussein Kureshi, Moshin Hayat. Singapore: Wiley, 2015.
- Shari'ah non-compliance risk management and legal documentations in Islamic finance. Aḥsan Laḥasāsinah. Singapore: Wiley, 2014.
- Accounting, auditing and governance for Takaful operations. Sheila Nu Nu Htay. Singapore: Wiley, 2013.
- Takaful and mutual insurance: alternative approaches to managing risks. Serap Oguz Gonulal. Washington, D.C.: World Bank Publications, 2012.
- Takaful Islamic insurance: concepts and regulatory issues. Volker Niehaus, et al. Singapore: Wiley, 2009.
- Cooperative Takaful for Non-Banking Financial Institutions: Islamization of SOCSO in the case of Malaysia By: Azman Mohd Noor; Muhammad Abd Hadi Bin Abd Rahman. In: Intellectual Discourse, Vol 24, Iss 0 (2017); IIUM Press, International Islamic University Malaysia, 2017. Language: English
- Absolute assignment in takāful industry: Sharī'ah contracts, issues and solutions By: Ahmad Basri Ibrahim; Ahmad Fadhil Hamdi Mohd Ali. In: Intellectual Discourse, Vol 23, Iss 0 (2015); IIUM Press, International Islamic University Malaysia, 2015. Language: English
- Potential Push-pull Factors to Introduce Takaful (Islamic Insurance) as a New Product in India: Preliminary Overview By: Syed Ahmed Salman; Sheila Nu Nu Htay. In: Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology , Vol 8, Iss 20, Pp 2121-2125 (2014); Maxwell Science Publication, 2014.
- Retakaful Pool Framework for Takaful Operators in Malaysia: Experts' Opinions By: Sheila Nu Nu Htay; Mustapha Hamat; Wan Zamri Wan Ismail; Syed Ahmed Salman. In: Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology , Vol 7, Iss 21, Pp 4530-4534 (2014); Maxwell Science Publication, 2014
- Takaful and conventional general insurance: analyssing Muslim consumers' perception and choices in the UK and Saudi Arabia. Al-Salih, Aysha. Royal Holloway, University of London, 2014
- Islamic insurance Takaful and its applications in Saudi Arabia By: Alhumoudi, Yuosef. Brunel University, 2013
- The application of takaful business in Malaysia : legal, regulatory and Shariah issues. Salleh, Safinar. Glasgow Caledonian University, 2013.
- Takaful products and services in Saudi Arabia: an exploration into policyholder's perceptions and regulatory framework By: Alnemer, Hashem Abdullah. Durham University, 2012
- Conceptual and operational differences between general insurance takaful and conventional insurance. Mher Mushtaq Hussain; Ahmad Tisman Pasha. In: Australian Journal of Business and Management Research , Vol 1, Iss 8, Pp 23-28 (2011); New South Wales Research Centre Australia (NSWRCA), 2011
- Takaful-Charity or Business? Field Study Evidence from Microinsurance Providers. By: Altuntas, Muhammed; Berry-Stölzle, Thomas R.; Erlbeck, Anja. Journal of Insurance Regulation. Winter2011, Vol. 30, p339-358. 20p.
- The Cost Efficiency of Takaful Insurance Companies. By: Kader, Hale Abdul; Adams, Mike; Hardwick, Philip. Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice, Jan2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p161-181, 21p
- Risk Management in Takāful. By: Akhter, Waheed. Enterprise Risk Management, 2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p128-144, 17p
- Accounting, auditing and governance standards. Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI). Bahrain: AAOIFI, 2015.