This subject gateway aims to supply links to some of the resources on insurance law and regulation increasingly available to members via Knowledge Services. It is not intended to be exhaustive, but highlights popular content and recent additions.
i-law.com is an online database of legal knowledge. The CII Knowledge subscription includes key areas of Insurance & Reinsurance law. To access please click on the link below and follow the instructions.
Access i-law »
Axco Insight Compliance
Insight Complance is a online tool offering an overview of the key regulatory and tax compliance conditions applicable to conducting insurance in over 170 markets, delivered in a concise and flexible format, offering the option to compare different markets. To access please click on the link below and follow the instructions.
Access Insight Compliance »
The CII publishes extracts of ©Timetric's regulatory reports. They provide an overview over the regulatory frameworks for the follwoing countries: UK, Bahrain, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, the Isle of man, Kenya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the UAE.
Access the reports »
- Warranties in marine insurance. 3rd ed. Baris Soyer. oxon: Routledge-Cavendish, 2017.
- Illegality in marine insurance law. Fend Wang. Abingdon: Informa Law from Routledge, 2017.
- Marine insurance law. 2nd. ed. Özlem Gürses. New York, NY: Routledge, 2017.
- The Insurance Act 2015: a new regime for commercial and marine insurance law. Baris Soyer, Malcolm Clarke. New York: Informa Law, 2016.
- Air cargo insurance. Malrcom A Clarke. Oxon: Informa, 2016.
- Insurance law in China. Dinjing Huang, Johanna Hjalmersson. Informa Law from Routledge, 2015.
- Reserach handbook on the economics of insurance law. Peter Siegelman, Daniel Scwarcz. Chichester: Edward Elgar, 2015.
- The modern law of marine insurance: volume four. Thomas Rhidian. Infrorma Law, 2015.
- Causuation in insurance contract law. Meixian Song. Hoboken: Informa, 2014.
- The law of liability insurance. Malcom A. Clarke. New York: Informa, 2014.
- Lloyd's: law and practice. Julian Burling. Hoboken: Informa, 20143.
- Insurance and the law of obligations. Robert M. Merkin, Jenny Steele. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Insurance law and the Financial Ombudsman Service. Judith Summer. London: Informa, 2010.
View all eBooks on this topic »
CII fact files are concise, easy to digest but technically dense resources designed to enrich the knowledge of members. Covering general insurance, life and pensions and financial services sectors, the factfile collection includes key industry topics as well as less familiar or specialist areas with information drawn together in a way not available elsewhere.
- Misrepresentation, mistake and non-disclosure. 4th ed. John Cartwright. London: Sweet and Maxwell, Thomson Reuters, 2017.
- The insurance of commercial risks law and practice. 5th ed. Dr. Özlem Gürses. London: Sweet&Maxwell, 2017.
- The economics, regulation and systemic risk of insurance markets. Felix Hufeld, Ralph Koijen, Christian Thiman (eds.). Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2016.
- The law of insurance broking. 3rd. ed, Christopher Henley, Simon Kemp. London: Sweet&Maxwell, 2016.
- Bird's modern insurance law. 10th ed. John Birds. London: Sweet&Maxwell, Thomson Reuters, 2016.
- The law of motor insurance. Robert Merkin, Margaret Hemsworth. London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2015.
- MacGillivray on insurance law relating to all risks other than marine. 13th ed. John Birds, Ben Lynch, Simon Milnes. London: Sweet & Maxwell, Thomson Reuters, 2015.
- Causation in insurance contract law. Meixian Song. Abingdon: Informa Law from Routledge, 2014.
- Casebook on torts. 12th ed. Richard Kidner. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Consumer insurance law: disclosure, representations and basis of the contracts clause. Peter Tyldesley> Haywards Heath: Bloomsbury Professional, 2013.
- The law of insurance contracts. 6th ed. Malcolm A Clarke. London: Informa, 2009.
- Subrogation: law and practice. Charles Mitchel et al. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Insurance law: text and materials. Ray Hodgin. 2nd ed. London: Cavendish, 2002.
View all hardcopy books on this topic »
*You can borrow up to 10 books at a time for 28 days (renewable). To borrow any of these books, please call Knowledge Services on 0207 417 4406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Access further details on our lending service here.