Employer steering group
It is against the backdrop of changing market dynamics and consumer research that the CII convened a steering group of senior sector leaders to help develop and champion a common framework of professional standards.
This was in recognition of the opportunity to respond to these challenges, as a collaborative group of major employers, to raise professional standards and improve consistency of customer service across the sector.
The steering group has been working towards six specific objectives:
- To develop and oversee the implementation of an agreed common framework of professional standards for the life, pensions and long term savings sector, operating in the public interest, to enhance public confidence and trust
- To ensure there is senior buy in from across the sector to support, endorse and promote these professional standards
- To ensure that the proposals embrace current and predicted future market challenges including Pension Reforms and the Financial Market Advice Review
- To align with other market initiatives such as the ABI's Common Language Protocol
- To develop proposals consistent with the CII's charter to secure the public's confidence in professionals across the life, pensions and long terms savings sector
- To ensure the programme of activity is realistic, but challenging with regard to time frame, relevance, cost, implementation and sector support