Complaints against CII Chartered firms
Building and enhancing professionalism is at the core of the Chartered ethos and for this reason all CII Chartered firms must meet a rigorous set of eligibility criteria to obtain their Chartered title.
This is designed to ensure that these firms demonstrate an ongoing commitment to high standards and a customer-centric focus, two factors which are key in building public trust in the insurance and personal finance professions. If you believe that a chartered firm’s behaviour is not aligned to the chartered standards and criteria and wish to raise these concerns, please email complaintsagainstCCSfirms@cii.co.uk and we will respond to you within 5 working days.
There are certain types of complaint that we can deal with and others which would need to go through a more appropriate body. Please find some examples below to assist you:
Complaints against CCS firms which the CII can assist with
- You believe that a firm holding itself out as a CII Chartered firm is not actually CII Chartered.
- You believe that a Chartered firm does not meet one or more of the required eligibility criteria or it is not adhering to the CCS rules/terms and conditions
- You have become aware of regulatory or legal action taken against a Chartered firm and wish to notify the CII
- Any misuse and/or potentially misleading use of CII logos or branding
Complaints which the CII cannot assist with
- Issues with service provided by a Chartered firm
- Claims disputes
- Ongoing litigation (which has not been concluded)
- Complaints that are currently with or have been not been upheld by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
If your complaint falls within the first category, please email the details to complaintsagainstCCSfirms@cii.co.uk and we will respond to you within 5 working days.
If you are unsure whether the CII is the right point of contact for your complaint, please feel free to contact us for guidance.