NEW − 2014 information for candidates brochure
The Certificate in Mortgage Advice is aimed at those intending to
become mortgage advisers or to work in a support role. It develops
an understanding of the sector, reflecting the priorities of the
Completion of the Certificate in Mortgage Advice meets
the FCA examination requirements for mortgage advisers.
Upon completion you will have gained:
- a general introduction to the UK financial services industry
(including common product types, the process of giving advice,
ethics, regulation and legislation); and
- an introduction to the mortgage process (including the
house-buying process, different types of borrowers and their needs,
the various mortgage product and repayment options, and the
regulation and legislation applicable to mortgages and the
provision of mortgage advice).
Why the Certificate in Mortgage Advice?
The Certificate delivers many advantages:
- Satisfies the FCA examination requirements for registered
- Improves your long-term career prospects by improving knowledge
and understanding, and by demonstrating commitment to
- Provides online exam sittings that enable you to enter for the
exam when you are ready, with provisional results provided
- Upon completion you can apply to use the designation 'Cert CII
(MP)' providing a means of demonstrating your achievement to the
public and to peers (membership and Continuing Professional
Development requirements apply).
- Holders are eligible to become 'Certificate' level members of
the Society of Mortgage Professionals.
The Certificate in mortgage Advice is registered with Ofqual at
Level 3 in the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). You can
access further information at www.ofqual.gov.uk
Is the Certificate in Mortgage Advice right for me?
The Certificate is the advisers' qualification of choice,
created by the mortgage industry, for the mortgage industry. It is
- all advisers who need to comply with the regulatory examination
- individuals working in the mortgage market in non-advisory
roles, such as in administration or in support functions including,
for example, marketing, sales support, human resources and IT.
Your next step
Now that you have read about the Certificate in Mortgage Advice,
gained an understanding of what it offers and decided that it meets
your career development plans, it is time to finalise your
The links above contain all the information you require to study
for and complete this qualification. As you read through these, you
will learn about the units on offer, the available learning
materials, terms and conditions relating to entry, and the
different ways you can enter.
Please take the time to read this, as it will help you choose
the study programme that best fits your needs.
also access FAQs here