NEW − 2014 information for candidates brochure
Designed for life and pensions staff working in support
functions, this introductory qualifications delivers the
dedicated knowledge needed to perform effectively and progress a
career in these sectors.
The Award in Financial Administration is an introductory,
two-unit qualification which provides a vital grounding in:
- the financial services industry, including key aspects of
legislation and regulation. It also helps develop an appreciation
of the process of investment planning and the types of products
- the administration of life or pensions business, according to
the unit selected.
Importantly, this Award is also an appropriate examination that
satisfies the regulatory requirements for overseers of certain
administrative life and pensions functions. Access the FCA handbook to
learn more about these regulated functions (listed under FA1 and
From this you can then progress to the Certificate in Life and
Pensions, with recognition given in the form of credits for the
exams you already hold.
Why the Award in Financial Administration?
The Award delivers many advantages:
- It provides a dedicated learning pathway for financial
services operational staff developing the knowledge and
understanding essential for a successful
- The Award in Financial Administration satisfies the FCA's
regulatory requirements for life and pensions 'overseers'.
- A 'Record of Achievement' is awarded upon completion of each
unit and a Award awarded on completion of each qualification,
and permanent evidence of learning undertaken.
Is the Award in Financial Administration right for
The Award is tailored for operational staff working in the
financial services sector. It caters for the needs of:
- Overseers of life and pensions administrative functions needing
to comply with FCA appropriate qualification requirements.
- Those involved in administration, customer support, compliance
and technical guidance.
- Those providing administrative support to financial
- Those administrators wishing to develop their understanding of
the background and regulation of the financial services sector and
technical product areas.
Your next step
Now that you have read about the Award in Financial
Administration, gained an understanding of what it offers and
decided that it meets your career development plans, it is time to
finalise your entry.
The links at the top of this page contain all the information
you require to study for and complete this qualification. As you
read through these, you will learn about the units on offer, the
available learning materials, how to enter and the relevant terms
qualification and examination FAQs »