An individual trainer can be accredited by the CII, providing a quality 'kitemark' for those delivering technical courses in insurance and / or financial planning.
The trainers on the following page have successfully achieved CII Trainer Accreditation, having demonstrated a high standard of their technical knowledge, training ability and industry experience.
They have been successful in a rigorous, independent review, benchmarked against the CII Trainer Accreditation standards, which included a review of the following:
- Relevant subject and sector knowledge
- Training design and delivery skills
- Course planning and organisational skills
CII Trainer Accreditation is subject to an annual review, ensuring that all holders of this award are required to ensure they continue to meet these standards on an ongoing basis.
CII Trainer Accreditation is aimed at trainers within a company training team and individual trainers, for example, freelance trainers.
There are three levels of accreditation:
- Introductory technical trainer
- Intermediate technical trainer
- Advanced technical trainer
You will be assessed on areas including industry technical knowledge and experience, training design and development skills and training delivery skills.
CII Trainer Accreditation runs for 5 years during which time there is an annual review.
- Provides independent, industry recognised benchmarking of training skills and experience
- Provides evidence of your ability to deliver high quality training - enhancing your professional reputation
- Supports recruitment and retention of trainers
- Assists in winning business
- Provides recommendations for your CPD activity
(Click on the image to enlarge)
||Stage 1: CII review of trainer application
|Stage 2: Training observation, interview with trainer
|Stage 3 Benchmarking and measurement against standards
|Stage 4 Accreditation panel sign-off
|Stage 5 Written confirmation of decision and feedback (certification if successful)
|Stage 6 Annual/Ongoing review work
Trainer Accreditation Standards
Trainer Accreditation UK fees
Outside of the UK, fees may vary. Please contact us for further details.
|Initial accreditation total
|Annual surveillance fee
Upon successful achievement
On successful achievement CII offers the accredited trainer:
- A certificate signifying that the trainer meets CII Trainer Accreditation standards
- 'CII accredited trainer' logo for use on material that the accredited trainer designs or delivers, business cards, letter head, trainer biography, email signatures
- The option of being added to the list of accredited trainers on the CII website
- A written report highlighting the areas of good practice and development areas identified during the review
- Ongoing support with professional development through annual reviews
- Assistance with publicising the successful achievement (internally and in the industry press)
View a list of current accredited trainers »
How to apply
To apply for CII Trainer Accreditation, please email email@example.com
Accreditation Services contact information:
The Chartered Insurance Institute
Tel: +44 (0)20 7417 3562