Negotiation skills for brokers - one day
This course will help you to plan and prepare for structured
negotiation, develop strategies with clear objectives, use
appropriate negotiating styles, influence power positions in a
negotiation, create an appropriate negotiation climate, actively
use verbal and non‐verbal communication as well as recognise the
most common tactics.
- What negotiation is and isn't
- Negotiating when both sides have advantages and weaknesses and
both sides have critical needs
- Preparing for negotiation including setting objectives,
gathering information and deciding which objectives which are
critical, important or 'nice to have'
- Communication skills, including how we communicate, creating
the right impression and obtaining information
- Influencing skills using consultation, inspiration and
- Carrying out the negotiation, including:
- Assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Using the broker/insurer relationship
- Gaining recognition for all aspects of the offer, whether
charged for or not
- Developing a strong and ongoing relationship by building trust
and understanding which will help with future negotiations.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand what negotiating is all about and prepare
- Use communication skills to aid the negotiating
- Influence others and develop stronger relationships
- Carry out negotiations with greater confidence.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for brokers and others who need to
conduct negotiations with insurers, clients and others in the
course of business. The techniques will be useful in a variety of
situations but with the common theme that the parties will
negotiate again in the future.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where
you consider it relevant to your professional development
Regional venues sold out!
Scheduled regional dates for this course have now sold out,
please keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates
are added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for