Leading effective teams - one day
This motivational course is designed to provide new ideas and
insights for team leaders, including a range of practical
strategies which delegates can take away and use immediately.
- Making the transition from team member to team leader
- Balancing your responsibilities for your team with your own
workload and responsibilities from your personal expertise
- Management and leadership styles
- How can teams be successful and why they can fail?
- What do individuals have to offer teams?
- The basics of Belbin's team roles
- The issues encountered in the team life cycle
- The essentials of coaching and feedback
- The benefits of coaching and feedback - individual, team and
- Awareness and perception - Johari Window
- Giving feedback effectively and confidently
- Handling performance and conduct problems constructively
- How to use a structured model for coaching people
- The balance between managing the task, team and
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify their individual and team's skills and attributes
- Identify ways that they will support individuals to develop
their team skills further
- Know which team roles are necessary to make a team work
- Identify their management style
- Coach and develop their team members
- Balance their personal responsibilities with those of being a
Who should attend?
The course will benefit those new to leadership and also those
with existing experience. It should help build confidence to deal
with issues as they arise and inspire their teams.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where you
consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
Regional venues sold out!
Scheduled regional dates for this course have now sold out,
please keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates
are added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for