Recruitment and selection - one day
This course will help individuals gain the skills and techniques
essential to conducting successful selection interviews.
- The opportunities presented by a vacancy
- Using a job and person specification to identify key features
of the job against which to match job applicants
- Identify key competencies needed to be able to do the job
- Successful interviewing - planning and questioning
- Questioning, listening, observing, body language and note
- The sequence of the interview
- Use of behavioural questions to elicit the right
- Opening, closing and managing the interview
- Evaluation of applicants and decision making
- Recruitment and equality and diversity
- Avoiding conscious and subconscious discrimination
- Summary, review and personal action plans.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for a selection interview
- Interview and select potential employees with greater
- Control the interview and use open and closed questions to gain
a better understanding of the interviewee
- Review the information gained, evaluate the results and make
the best decision
- Appreciate the basics of employment law as it affects
Who should attend?
Anyone responsible for conducting recruitment interviews,
including managers, supervisors and team leaders.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where
you consider it relevant to your professional development
Recruitment and selection - (one day course) Regional venues
London venues sold out!
Scheduled London dates for this course have now sold out,
please keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates
are added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for