The Certificate in London Market Insurance is a specialised qualification for those working in or conducting business through the London Market.
Building on introductory knowledge gained from the Award in London Market Insurance, the CII Level 3 Certificate in London Market Insurance includes the addition of compulsory unit (LM3) London market underwriting principles. The Certificate develops knowledge and understanding of the underwriting disciplines within the London Market, key elements of the cycle, and explores the opportunities and challenges posed by using different distribution channels such as delegated underwriting.
Read the Certificate in London Market Insurance specification
Who it's for?
- Anyone holding the CII Award in London Market Insurance
- Employees of Lloyd’s syndicates, brokers, managing agents or members’ agents in an administrative, operational or other support role; e.g. business development managers, underwriting technicians or business analysts
The Certificate comprises three compulsory units from the CII insurance qualifications framework, providing a total of 40 credits upon successful completion.
- (LM1) London market insurance essentials;
- (LM2) London market insurance principles and practices; and
- (LM3) London market underwriting principles.
See the ‘Key Facts’ overlay to the right of this page for full details.
Members are also entitled to use the designation Cert CII (London Market), subject to membership and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements.
Before embarking study, check to see whether any of your previous academic qualifications or credits from other professional bodies and institutes can be carried towards completion of the Certificate. Find out more about recognition of prior learning »
A range of study materials are available, including: study texts, revision aids, ebooks and key fact booklets. For full unit availability, click the unit links to the right of this page.