Designed in consultation with London Market practitioners, the CII Level 3 Award in London Market Insurance provides an essential grounding for new entrants to the market, or those who have dealings with it. The Award provides a broad understanding of insurance process and practice across the London market as well as detailed understanding of technical topics.
Read the Award in London Market Insurance specification
Who it's for
- Employees of London Market insurers and reinsurers;
- Employees of broking firms placing business in the London Market;
- Lloyd's managing agents and Lloyd's members' agents;
- Coverholders anywhere in the world whose business is underwritten in London; and
- Professional service organisations such as lawyers, accountants, actuaries and loss adjusters.
Recognition of prior learning
Before starting study, check to see whether any of your previous academic qualifications or credits from other professional bodies and institutes can be carried towards completion of the Certificate.
Find out more about recognition of prior learning »
The Award comprises two compulsory unit from the CII insurance qualifications framework, providing a total of 25 credits upon successful completion.
- (LM1) London market insurance essentials; (10 credits) and
- (LM2) London market insurance principles and practices (15 credits).
Read the ‘Key information’ overlay to the right of this page for full details.
Award level units are assessed by multiple choice question exam (MCQ). For online MCQ exams result notification is immediate on completion. For paper-based MCQ exams, results are released five weeks' following the exam sitting.
Find out more about assessment, including policies and centres »
Each qualification unit comes with a study package included, equipping you with the essential tools to support core learning. For a single fee, study packages typically include: study text, assessment entry and access to RevisionMate our online study tool.
We also offer additional study materials to support individual learning. These range from key fact booklets and next-edition study texts, to question packs and Learn interactive tutorials.
For full availability, click the unit links to the right of this page.