The Library is very grateful for the donations it receives from
CII members and others who share an interest in insurance and
insurance related fields. Such donations have helped the Library to
enrich its collections over the years. The Library also holds
special collections relating to historic insurance companies, fire
marks, and used insurance policies.
Donations are accepted subject to the following guidelines and
- In all cases, the Library will balance the value of the
donation against current space constraints and the costs of
assessing, cataloguing, processing and preserving the
- All items should:
- be consistent with the educational, research, and professional
development interests of the CII, CII members, and other CII
collection management policies.
- be in good physical condition.
- be recently published unless the item is CII study / course
material or otherwise considered to be of historical or research
Items generally NOT accepted include: videos, books in poor
condition, popular magazines and newspapers.
Conditions of acceptance:
- The library reserves the right to accept or reject
- Donations that are accepted become the exclusive and absolute
property of the Library.
- Except in rare circumstances, it is not possible to accommodate
restrictions of any kind from the donor, such as keeping items
together as a discrete collection, or returning them if
- The Library reserves the right to dispose of donations by any
method that it chooses.
What to do if you wish to donate items to the
- Please contact the library by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
telephone (+44 (0)20 7417 4406) to discuss your intentions before
bringing in donations.
- Donations of large numbers of books and/or archival materials
which may incur substantial costs involved in the transport,
cataloguing, conservation, and storage of items will be referred to
senior administration for consideration.
- Please note, the Library does not have specialist archival
facilities or an archivist.