Introduction to political risk
insurance - one day course
This interactive programme is designed to give a comprehensive
overview of political risk insurance. It considers how the cover
can be applied to protect all parties in order to mitigate and
manage risks arising from adverse action or inaction of
governments. The day will be supported by practical examples which
will allow delegates to apply what they have learned.
- The history and development of political risk insurance
- Why do companies insure their political risks?
- Policy structure and pricing
- Brokers and the distribution network
- National export credit agencies
- Private political risk underwriters
- The International Union of Credit and Investment Insurers (The
- Political risk insurance trends.
By the end of the course you will:
- Gain a practical, working overview of the political risk
- Be able to identify what risks can be insured and how cover can
- Understand how policies are priced by territory and the risks
- Be able to evaluate examples of cases and structure a policy to
insure the risks that the insured wishes to mitigate.
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for those who need an overview and
general understanding of the principles of political risk insurance
and assumes no prior knowledge.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your professional
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate