Introduction to insurance practice - one day
This course provides delegates with a broad overview of the
insurance market, giving relevant historical context and an insight
into the key issues facing the market today and into the
The programme is presented in an informal style with delegate
participation and group discussion encouraged. The following topics
will be covered:
- Risk and insurance
- General nature of insurance
- Types of insurance cover
- The insurance market
- How insurance operates - documentation
- Underwriting and risk sharing
- Statutory and voluntary regulation.
At the end of this course you will have:
- Obtained a broad knowledge of the recent developments in
- Gained an understanding of the different insurance products and
- Gained an essential perspective of current market
Who should attend?
Any new entrant to the insurance or reinsurance industry working
directly in the market or in a supporting area.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate