What can an Actuary do for me? - two day
This two day course seeks to improve delegates' understanding of
the role of an actuary in a modern insurance company and to enable
professionals from other functions to best utilise the unique skill
sets that actuaries possess. The course focuses on two main areas;
firstly to understand what actuaries do and secondly the ways in
which underwriting, claims, finance and reinsurance professionals
can both aid and benefit from these actuarial processes.
- The nature of insurance and why actuaries are needed
- The actuary's role in capital modelling and business
- The actuary's role in pricing support and claims reserving
- The actuary in the context of the business.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- A more comprehensive understanding of the skill-set of an
- Identification of the insurance issues where actuaries can
- Improved communication with actuaries
- Understanding of key actuarial techniques
- A fundamental knowledge of risk-based capital and Solvency
- A better understanding of the financial dynamics of
Who should attend?
Anyone with a non-actuarial role will benefit from this
programme. It is particularly suited to underwriters at all levels,
claims adjusters, finance professionals and technical managers.
Attendance of this course awards up to 12 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate