Underwriting project cargo insurance - one
This course provides a comprehensive insight into the process of
underwriting large capital projects being transported by road,
rail, sea or air (known as project cargo insurance). This includes
the legal liabilities attached to the owners of goods and the
carriers who transport them.
- Know the business environment of project cargo risks
- Understand the legal environment of project cargo risks
transported by road, rail, sea or air
- Understand the scope of cover and market practices of project
- Understand the underwriting of project cargo risks
- Understand claims considerations and procedures.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the business environment of project cargo
- Understand the legal environment surrounding the movement of
goods by road, rail, sea and air
- Outline the scope of cover and market practices for this class
- Apply relevant factors in the underwriting of project cargo
- Understand claims practices.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for those working as underwriters and
claims practitioners in insurance and reinsurance companies, as
well as insurance and reinsurance brokers with marine insurance
experience. It is also suitable for those interested in gaining an
understanding of how cargo and goods-in-transit insurances are
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0