The CII delivers multiple
choice question-based exams, online, via its technology partner
City & Guilds. This includes Award and Certificate-level units,
Diploma units R01-R05 and some Diploma in Insurance units, which
are tested using a mix of online exam and coursework
This gives employers the option to run exams in their offices,
or other chosen location, as and when required. In most instances
existing computer equipment is likely to be sufficient to run the
system. The mechanics of running a session are straightforward.
It's highly cost-effective and uses tried and tested
In-house exams are flexible and accessible:
- Run exams to suit your timetables and schedules
- Arrange sessions for as many or as few candidates as you
- Proven technology: successfully completed over 1,000,000 online
- System runs on standard business computer equipment and
- Available globally: the in-house exam service is available
anywhere in the world.
Benefits also include:
- Enter staff for exams when they are ready, not the other way
- Reduce staff time lost travelling to public exam sittings
- Eliminate the expense of sending staff to external exam
- Avoids lengthy delays when seeking to re-sit exams.
How to apply
Firms can apply to hold in-house online exams by completing an
'exam centre profile' and should also access our FAQs to gain an
understanding of the requirements.
Exam centre profile »
In-house exam FAQs »
Existing client support
Organisations already running CII online exams in-house,
including mobile testing facilities, can access FAQs and system
guidance to help with technical support queries. These
documents contain contact details for the City & Guilds
Customer Service team.
Quick reference guides »
System user FAQs »
If you would like to discuss the CII in-house exam service,
please contact the CII's Online Exams Team:
Tel: 020 8530 0816