In-house online exams
The CII delivers multiple choice question-based exams, online, via its technology partner City & Guilds. This includes Award and Certificate-level units, Diploma units R01-R05 and some Diploma in Insurance units, which are tested using a mix of online exam and coursework assessment.
This gives employers the option to run exams in their offices, or other chosen location, as and when required. In most instances existing computer equipment is likely to be sufficient to run the system. The mechanics of running a session are straightforward. It's highly cost-effective and uses tried and tested technology.
In-house exams are flexible and accessible:
- Run exams to suit your timetables and schedules
- Arrange sessions for as many or as few candidates as you like
- Proven technology: successfully completed over 1,000,000 online exams to-date
- System runs on standard business computer equipment and internet connection
- Available globally: the in-house exam service is available anywhere in the world
Benefits also include:
- Enter staff for exams when they are ready, not the other way around
- Reduce staff time lost travelling to public exam sittings
- Eliminate the expense of sending staff to external exam centres
- Avoids lengthy delays when seeking to re-sit exams
How to apply
Firms can apply to hold in-house online exams by completing an 'exam centre profile' and should also access our FAQs to gain an understanding of the requirements.
Existing client support
Organisations already running CII online exams in-house, including mobile testing facilities, can access FAQs and system guidance to help with technical support queries. These documents contain contact details for the City & Guilds Customer Service team.
If you would like to discuss the CII in-house exam service, please contact the CII's Online Exams Team on 020 8530 0816 or email@example.com