The CII Knowledge research service is intended to provide members with timely, accurate and up-to-date information in response to their information needs, whether a short enquiry, in-depth research or assistance in using resources.
Information is drawn from the CII Knowledge collections, both print and online, and through access or referral to sources outside these collections. Information will be provided with supporting documents in the form of bibliographies, links to online resources and/or scanned copies of articles and/or extracts of books. Please refer to the copying service policy for information about conditions of supply.
Staff is committed to provide assistance to users in order to promote greater self-sufficiency in the use of CII Knowledge resources. Instruction is provided via email and online instruction aids.
Scope of service
- The service is available for members and non-members. Service to members receives priority over other duties.
- Staff do not provide answers to technical enquiries, tax, legal, financial or career advice. On receipt of such queries, staff will if possible signpost users to the best suited resources to help users find the answer to their enquiry.
- Enquiries are taken over the telephone or via email.
- Email or telephone requests will be dealt with on a first come first served basis.
- Enquiries will be replied to or acknowledged within 2 working days.
- All enquiries are treated in strict confidence.
- Staff relies upon information obtained from reputable and up to date sources in order to give the most accurate and authoritative answers.
- Should an enquiry prove to be beyond the scope of the available resources, the user will, if possible, be referred to better suited libraries or agencies.
- Staff will cite the source of the information provided.
- The research service is free of charge for members.
- Non-members will be charged a reference fee (detailed below) for substantial undertakings, i.e., if the information requested is deemed to require time-consuming research detracting staff form attending other key job responsibilities. A £40 fee for retrieval of offsite material (if required) and copying/scanning fees may also apply to non-members. Please see the page on Requesting a copy for further information.
||Charge per day(incl VAT)
||Anyone employed full-time by an educational or non-profit making organisation or conducting research for personal educational purposes (proof of status required in all cases)
||Full-time students (proof of status required)
||The unemployed and pensioners (proof of status required in all cases)
Please call 0207 417 4406 or email email@example.com.
Sources of information
CII Knowledge has unrivalled access to key market information through its comprehensive collection of insurance and financial planning resources.
Print resources available from the Library
CII Knowledge access to 3rd party databases