Modernising the CII
Changes to our governance
We are proposing some changes to align the way the organisation is run with modern governance practices. The proposed changes will be subject to a member vote as part of the proposals being recommended at this year’s CII AGM on 26 June 2019.
Whilst many of the changes are around simplification and clarification, there are some material amendments, particularly around the structure of the CII’s Board; it is increasingly necessary that the Board has the skills, experience and diversity to meet the challenges of the future.
Join us for a dedicated webinar
We want to explain the proposed changes to the CII’s Charter and Bye-laws before member voting opens, and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
We will be holding dedicated webinars for specific groups of Members and other stakeholders
- Local institute network – 2pm on 19 February 2019
- Corporate Chartered status firms and key corporate contacts – 1pm on 20 February 2019
- All members – 3.15pm on 2 April 2019 [registration details coming soon]
The webinars will be recorded and added to this page.
In addition to our webinars, our members can ask questions via a dedicated email address which is firstname.lastname@example.org. Any question you have will be responded to.
Find out about the proposed changes in detail by viewing the documentation below:
- Precis of changes to the Board (PDF)
- Precis of other non-Board changes (PDF)
- Table of amendments (PDF)
- The Charter and Bye-laws with proposed amendments (PDF) [existing Charter and Bye-laws PDF]
- Proposed Board structure:
[Click to enlarge]
Frequently asked questions
Please read the modernising our governance structure FAQs for answers to frequently asked questions.