Captives and other methods of alternative risk
transfer - one day course
This course is designed for those who want to understand the
ways a business might deal with its exposure to a variety of events
that could adversely affect its cash flow and balance sheet
Detailed study of:
- Art, finite risk, convergence, non-traditional insurance and
- What are the products and how do they work?
- Are they 'insurance'?
- Prospective and retrospective rating
- Combined trigger covers
- Tradeable weather derivative
- Securitisation (bonds).
The programme involves interactive and practical
excercises with market professionals.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand what a captive insurer is, who might use them and
- Look at the issues around how to manage and where to have
- Identify the different options for alternative methods of risks
- Increase your technical knowledge of reinsurance and ART.
Who should attend?
Anyone who works in direct writing and reinsurance companies,
brokers and organisations dealing with reinsurance and anyone who
wishes to widen their technical knowledge of reinsurance
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate