Introduction to cyber risks insurance -
one day course
The growth of information technology in recent years has lead to
the increased need for business protection against cyber risks. An
essential introduction to the cyber risks present and the types of
cover available, this course provides a coherent overview of this
class of business.
- What are cyber risks?
- Who is exposed to them?
- Cyber claim examples
- What are the consequences of a cyber claim?
- Why do clients existing policies not cover these risks?
- Cyber policies - coverage modules, conditions and
- Underwriting considerations for cyber risks insurance
- Claims issues relating to cyber cover.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain to customers what we mean by cyber risks
- Describe examples of cyber claims that have happened to small
to medium enterprises as well as the high profile data breach
claims that have been in the news
- Identify which commercial customers have the greatest need for
cyber risk insurance
- Explain why existing insurance policies do not cover many of
the risks or consequences of cyber exposures
- Outline what first and third party coverage is provided under a
cyber risks policy
- Describe the underwriting information required for underwriters
to price a cyber risks policy
- Explain to customers what they must do if they have a claim
under the policy and the need to respond quickly to any
Who should attend?
This course will benefit those wishing to improve knowledge of
this area of insurance. No previous knowledge is required although
an understanding of basic liability insurance would be useful.
Intermediate cyber risks
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate