Intermediate directors' and officers'
liability - one day course
The course is aimed at delegates who already have an
understanding of directors' and officers' liability insurance. It
will be highly interactive as delegates will be given a series of
exercises and case studies to reinforce their learning.
- Directors' & officers' liabilities
- Recent claim examples
- Recent changes in case law, company law and other
- Policy coverage
- Underwriting considerations
- Claims management.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Describe the duties of directors and officers
- Compare and contrast the potential personal liability of
directors and officers in both the UK and USA
- Describe how recent legal developments may impact future claims
- Outline how directors' duties and liabilities may differ in
- Describe the principal benefits of a directors' & officers'
- Explain the principal extensions and exclusions which are
usually included in a directors' & officers' policy
- Outline how directors' & officers' coverage dovetails with
other liability coverage
- Identify the principal underwriting considerations which
- Identify the key features of directors' & officers'
liability claims handling.
Who should attend?
Those who wish to extend their knowledge of insurance or
to specialise in this class of business.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate