Intermediate cyber risks insurance - one
The modern business world is now heavily reliant on IT systems
and infrastructure to support its business critical activities.
Businesses also operate in a connected world where they and their
employees make use of email, social networking and cloud
computing. All this leads to additional risks to the
business, some of which is not customarily covered by existing
This course explores the extent of cover provided by
conventional insurance policies against cyber risks as well as the
conditions and exclusions of specialist cyber risks insurance
policies. Cover options and how these apply to different clients,
key risk management issues and claims handling are also
- What are cyber risks?
- The impact of cloud computing on cyber risks
- The cover provided by conventional insurance policies against
cyber risks - gap analysis
- The cover, conditions and exclusions of specialist cyber risks
insurance policies in the UK - identifying main differences in
- The major risk management issues of cyber risks
- Examples of cyber risks insurance claims and the issues of
dealing with such claims
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the main cyber risks and which types of customer could
benefit from insurance against cyber risks
- Consider the impact of cloud computing on cyber risks
- Appreciate the extent of cover provided in the UK by
conventional insurance policies against cyber risks, including
typical policy conditions and exclusions, and when separate
policies are appropriate
- Be aware of the different cover options available in the cyber
policy market and how they apply to different clients
- Know of the key risk management issues
- Understand how cyber risk insurance claims arise and the issues
of dealing with these claims.
Who should attend?
This course will benefit delegates who have attended the
Introduction to cyber risks insurance course, or those wanting to
extend their understanding of cyber insurance and the application
of conventional and specialist cyber insurance covers, conditions
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate