Statistics for underwriters and insurance
managers - two day course
This course focuses on the practical use of statistics to aid
everyday insurance decisions such as policy and deductible pricing,
experience credits and general rate-making. This is not a course
for those seeking a theoretical education in statistics, as heavy
theory is avoided and the emphasis, instead, is on realistic
insurance case studies.
- Introduction to probability and statistics
- Claims frequency and severity distributions
- Drawing inferences from insurance data.
- Gain a practical understanding of statistics as they are
applied in insurance
- Acquire a deeper insight into insurance by gaining new
perspectives on old issues
- Understand deductible-rating, reinsurance pricing and
- Increase confidence in communications with specialist actuaries
- Develop scientific decision-making skills
- Acquire the ability to collate evidence to support underwriting
and portfolio decisions
- Obtain many of the skills required to manage an insurance
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to extend their knowledge of statistics.
Attendance of this course awards up to 12 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate