Managing an underwriting portfolio - two day
This course recognises the fundamental difference between the
skills required to manage a portfolio of insurance risks and those
required to underwrite individual policies. Techniques to monitor
both price changes and absolute price levels are explored, as are
ways of developing strategies to refocus an ailing portfolio.
Systems to monitor changes are also explored. Case studies are used
- Skill requirements for portfolio management
- Measuring portfolio performance
- Price monitoring
- Segmenting an insurance portfolio
- Refocusing an ailing portfolio.
- Develop the financial and statistical skills necessary for the
management of an insurance portfolio
- Understand the product life cycle as applied to
- Identify non-performing segments within a portfolio
- Build strategies to refocus an ailing insurance
- Develop a view of a portfolio as a whole, rather than a
Who should attend?
Anyone with responsibility for an underwriting portfolio, or who
is being developed for such a position.
Attendance of this course awards up to 12 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate