Introduction to kidnap and ransom
insurance - one day course
The course has been developed to give a comprehensive overview
of kidnap and ransom insurance. It considers the perils of kidnap,
extortion, wrongful detention and hijacking. Wider issues are
considered including how and importantly when payments are made
under the policy, access to medical and emergency support and
- History and development of kidnap and ransom
- Policy structuring and pricing
- Underwriters, brokers and the distribition network
- Kindnap and ransom trends.
By the end of the course you will:
- Gain a practical, working overview of the kidnap and ransom
- Be able to identify what risks can be insured and how cover can
- Understand how policies are priced and the risks covered
- Understand the key role of good crisis management and its
- Be able to evaluate examples of cases and structure a policy to
insure the risks the insured wishes to mitigate.
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for those who need an overview and
general understanding of the principles of kidnap and ransom
insurance and assumes no prior knowledge.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your professional
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate