Intermediate motor insurance - one day
The course is aimed at those motor claims handlers who have two
to five years' claims handling experience, and wish to enhance
their legal knowledge.
- Road Traffic Act 1988, EU directives and associated
- Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007 and Road Safety Act
- Insurance principles
- RTA insurer, Article 75 insurer and Motor Insurance Bureau
- Avoidance, declinature of indemnity
- Law Reform (Contributory Negligence) Act 1945
- Accidents at crossroads, T-junctions, negligently parked
vehicles, overtaking and queue jumping.
At the end of the course you will:
- Gain an understanding of the principal statutes and regulations
that affect motor claims handling, including relevant EU
- Understand the pertinent case law
- Recognise the effect of statutes, case law, etc, on insurance
principles, and the approach to claims handling
- Be aware of the more common motor liability situations, and the
current case law which may assist in determining liability.
Who should attend?
Those who are new to motor insurance or who have up to two
years' experience and require a more thorough understanding of the
legal issues affecting motor insurance.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate