Introduction to underwriting - one day
This course provides an excellent introduction to the principles
and practices involved in underwriting business and includes a
section on the London market, concentrating on generic
underwriting.The day comprises a presentation with group
discussions and relevant case studies.
- The underwriter - role, duty and authority
- Underwriting skills - selecting, pricing, financial
understanding, relationship and portfolio management, negotiating
- The principles of pricing
- Underwriting controls
- Reinsurance and reserving strategies
- Managing exposures
- How risks are placed in London and the underwriter's role in
On completion of the course delegates will be able
- Understand the role of the underwriter
- Understand what underwriting skills are required
- Understand the principles of pricing
- Understand how business is placed in the London
- Outline underwriting controls
- Outline reinsurance and reserving strategies
- Outline managing exposure.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone who needs an understanding of
the principles of underwriting and assumes no prior knowledge. It
is also relevant for anyone who works in underwriting or broking
who needs knowledge of the subject.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate