Introduction to Takaful - one day course
A highly interactive course that will give you a knowledge and
understanding of the technical aspects of Islamic Insurance
(Takaful) and its application in the global marketplace.
- Features of Islamic contracts. Why traditional insurance
is prohibited from a Shariah point of view
- Management principles and practices relating to Islamic
insurance companies and the role of a Shariah Board
- Technical and financial management aspects of Islamic
- Impacts of ethical considerations on underwriting and claims
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the nature and principles of Islamic
- Understand the Shariah framework of Islamic
- Gain an understanding of the structure of Islamic markets
- Understand the constraints and opportunities in the
- Discuss how ethical considerations are applied and
Who should attend?
The course is intended for those who need to have an overview of
Islamic insurance; what it is and how it works. It is, however,
suitable for anyone working in any area of insurance.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate