Introduction to property risk assessment -
three day course
Insurers and brokers need operatives who can analyse and select
risks to fit in with their own philosophy of risk. Many insurers
who have failed to do this task efficiently have suffered
accordingly. This course provides both a theoretical and practical
insight into the assessment of risk and how a surveyor gathers the
- The need for risk assessment in commercial property
- The surveyor's job as a part of the underwriting function
- Building construction and how it affects risk
- Causes of fire and explosion
- What items are likely to be set on fire first?
- The fire hazards of specific trades
- Methods of risk assessment and practical examples
- Fire protection including sprinklers and practical
demonstrations of fire fighting equipment
- EML calculations
- Understanding survey reports
- A visit to a risk site with an assessment.
An intensive theoretical and practical insight into the property
surveyor's job and risk assessment in this area.
Who should attend?
Underwriting and surveying staff in companies and brokers who
need to assess risks.
Attendance of this course awards up to 18 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate