Introduction to property insurance - three day
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the main
classes of property insurance. Different elements of the programme
- fire insurance, business interruption or other property classes -
can be selected as required.
Module one - Fire insurance (one day)
- The principles of
- Utmost good faith
- Insurable interest
- Proximate cause
- Subrogation and contribution
- Modern wordings of the fire policy
- Rating basis for combinations of cover and perils
- Assess EML/PML factors and retention levels
- Risk sharing agreements
- Special policy wordings and extensions to cover
- Case studies.
Module two - Business interruption insurance (one
- The standard profits policy wording
- Basic accounts
- Methods of arriving at the sum assured
- Indemnity period - demonstration loss settlement
- Examination of special covers in current use.
Module three - Other property classes (one
- Theft insurance
- Policy wordings
- Underwriting principles and practice
- Money insurance
- Glass insurance
- Deterioration of stock insurance.
Gain foundation knowledge of all the main property insurance
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs an introduction to the main classes of property
fire and business interruption
Attendance of this course awards up to 18 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate