Introduction to insurance company accounts -
one day course
This course provides delegates with an introduction to the
knowledge required to produce, understand and interpret insurance
company accounts. The course will provide a basic overview of the
key aspects of insurance company accounts, including the regulatory
and supervisory framework and insurance technical provisions. It
also gives an insight into key issues to consider when assessing
insurance company accounts.
- Preparation of insurance financial statements
- Timescale of policies issued and claims settled
- Recommended accounting practices for short and long term
- Revenue accounts for separate classes of business
- Gross account and reinsurance thereof inside or outside the
- Balance sheets, including investments
- Layout of the accounts
- Key issues regarding the regulatory and supervisory framework,
EU Directives, accounting standards for insurance, solvency
- Insurance technical provisions, for example, unearned premium,
unexpired risks, outstanding claims, claims handling expenses,
discounting, incurred but not reported losses, catastrophe
- Key issues regarding the interpretation of accounts, e.g.
solvency, profitability, liquidity and security
- Overview of credit ratings.
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the key elements of insurance
- Gained an appreciation of the key issues with regard to the
interpretation of accounts
- Gained an awareness of the regulatory and supervisory
- Gained a basic understanding of insurance technical
Who should attend?
Anyone whose role requires them to be able to understand,
interpret or assist in the production of insurance company
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Fees for 2016courses are below. If
booking for 2017 the correct fee will be shown post login during
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate