Introduction to commercial insurance - one day
This course provides an overview of the development of the
commercial insurance market necessary to understand current
practice, focussing on property insurance, general priciples of
insurance, business interruption and liability policies. It also
provides an insight into the key issues facing the market today and
in the future.
- The commercial insurance market
- Property insurance
- General principles: fire and special perils, all risks, theft
money and goods in transits
- Business interruption
- Calculating a gross profit sum insured
- Basic perils insured
- The indemnity period
- Underwriting considerations and the basis of rating
- Liability policies: employers' liability, public liability and
At the end of the course you will have:
- Obtained a broad knowledge of commercial insurance
- Gained an understanding of commercial insurance products and
covers available • Gained an essential perspective of current
Who should attend?
This is ideal for anyone who is new to the insurance and
reinsurance industry or administrative staff working directly in
the market or supporting areas.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate