Introduction to claims management - one day
Designed to develop a practical working knowledge of the
handling and management of claims. Certain fundamentals of the
claims business are covered which, when understood, will allow for
- The principles of insurance as they apply in
- Problems with indemnity
- What happened to utmost good faith
- The compensation culture
- Important legal cases on negligence and liability
- Prudent reserving
- Spotting and handling fraud
- Fraud detection systems
At the end of the course you will have:
- Obtained knowledge of how principles of insurance are applied
to claims practices
- Gained an understanding of basic fraud issues.
Who should attend?
This course is suited for those employed in personal lines
business who wish to understand how the theory of claims is put
into practice. It will benefit individuals seeking to better
understand the activities of a claims department.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Fees for 2016 courses are below. If booking for 2017 the
correct fee will be shown post login during
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate