Staff competency frameworks - half day
Systems and controls that underpin effective management and
fulfil the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are key
priorities for any regulated business.
A key challenge is staff competence measures, which includes
appropriate training pathways and interim supervision. This is set
against an increasing regulatory focus on practical capability and
not just appropriate technical knowledge demonstrated through exam
This half day course introduces delegates to the principles of
an effective competency framework to help address these challenges
and deliver on the regulator's expectations.
- A review of the regulatory requirements and expectations of
- Delegates will discuss a general insurance competency framework
example used to assess competence within sales and other
- Link together a competency framework with other business
processes, e.g. job description, HR requirements, on the job
training as well as the skills and technical knowledge required,
and personal development and growth
- Discuss what standards are expected and what 'good' looks
- Review difficulties within certain areas of business
- Examine different styles of management - positive and
- Understand and explore the competency framework requirements
within delegates' own business areas and determine good and bad
- Investigate simple processes to enable competency frameworks to
be established and managed.
- An understanding of key areas of improvement within delegates'
- How to begin formulating an appropriate competency
- An understanding of the standards that may be appropriate
within delegates' own businesses.
Who should attend?
Senior managers, training and competence officers, compliance
officers and those working in HR.
Attendance of this course awards up to 3 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate