Managing the risk of errors and omissions
The aim of this half day course is to give delegates a clear
understanding of what Managing the risk of E&O means for
authorised firms and those working within the industry.
This interactive course will enable you to identify your firm's
current E&O position and action plan for the future and for
diploma students, cover one of the key FCA philosophies in
- Understand what managing the risk of errors & omissions
(E&O) means for you and your business
- Identify how you can demonstrate that you are managing the risk
- For qualified practitioners, knowing and understanding a core
FCA philosophy and how it affects the industry.
Who should attend?
From a CPD perspective any CII member (foundation knowledge),
from a practical perspective (core competence) any senior managers,
Approved Persons and compliance officers of authorised firms.
- Whose responsibility is managing the E&O risk?
- What steps the FCA expect a business to take
- How the culture of a business can influence the success of
managing the risk of E&O
- What are the most common risks?
- Means of identification
- Where are you now?
- An overview of business practices which may/may not support the
management of the risk of E&O
- The four C's:
- competence to do the job
- culture and attitude
- care and diligence
- control and oversight (Supervision)
- Key practical examples
- E&O and Codes of Conduct.
- Treating Customers Fairly
- Managing conflicts of interests
3 CPD hours
Attendance at this event awards up to 3 CPD hours where you
consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate