Managing conflicts of interest - half day
Conflicts of interest remain an FCA priority; Principle 8 in the
FCA handbook states that a firm must manage conflicts of interest
fairly, both between itself and its customers and between a
customer and another client. Responsibility for identifying
conflicts and how to manage them should be clearly allocated to
accountable individuals, and controls to reduce the impact of
conflicts should be regularly reviewed. This workshop enables
participants to identify and start to manage the conflict of
interest risks that exist within their firms.
- Defining a conflict of interest
- Identifying potential conflicts of interest, for
- Remuneration policies
- Unfair inducements
- Close links
- Personal conflicts
- Customer conflicts
- Claims handling authorities
- Inducements, including binding authorities, premium finance,
- The FCA's approach - why it is priority and what is expected of
- Senior management responsibilities
- Establishing components of a conflicts of interest risk
management strategy to manage potential conflicts
- Action planning.
- Explain what a conflict of interest is
- Recognise actual and potential conflicts of interest
- Explain the FCA approach to conflicts of interest
- Describe the implications within the delegate's firm -
policies, education, recording and management
- Identify the range of conflicts of interest that general
insurance firms are exposed to
- Plan the next steps required within the delegate's firm.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for directors, approved persons,
managers and compliance officers.
Attendance of this course awards up to 3 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate